Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 1


Title: Fleur Pont
Size: 12x11
I started with a 3H drawing pencil to sketch the basics of what I wanted. From there I colored it in and added details with colored pencils, and added some shadows with charcoal. To get a visual texture in some places, I took a little sandpaper and rubbed it over it slightly. Once this was all done, I sprayed the entire drawing with water to give it a slightly smudged look -- and then sprinkled some specks of charcoal over it. I let that dry, then glued it into a piece of cardboard that I had glued some newspaper and packing paper to, then smudged them with charcoal.

What I was trying to go for was a blossom garden that looked like an older painting -- I didn't really succeed with that, but I still see the blossoms!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I love the different materials used in the frame and how the image has a lot of depth to it. I also really like the look of the random ink splotches on the frame.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you awesome person. You're making my day with your comment! (as long as you keep it nice... no mean-ness here!) xoxo!