Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 5 | Grid Drawing

For this week, we were supposed to pick a photo that meant something to us and do a grid drawing of it. I decided to use this photo that I took of my best friend -- that's meaningful to me for several reasons!
(I added all the negative space for this assignment)

After I drew my grid, I used my 3H drawing pencil and drew my dear Aba! (This is a phone pic, so the quality is terrible)

Once I was done with the pencil drawing, I wanted to try out acrylic paints. Sooooo... I did. And I'm terrible at adding color to my drawings. Ugh! But, it's not too bad, I don't think....

Title: Fire and Fusion
Materials: 3H Drawing Pencil, 12x18 Watercolor Paper, Acrylic Paints

6 comments:

  1. I like the detail in this drawing and great job in painting it. Its almost dead on with the first one. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you added color! Most of the drawings that I have seen so far have just been in black in white. Also, I love that you really added an artistic touch to it! You took the negative space, and made it really stand out. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fact that you painted the picture it makes it look really nice you did an awesome job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great art work! You did an amazing job with persistance and painting at the end as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love how you added the detail to it! good job!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you awesome person. You're making my day with your comment! (as long as you keep it nice... no mean-ness here!) xoxo!