Monday, January 21, 2013

Watercolor Landscape

I loved this assignment! It was so much fun! The first part was to find a reference photo... I found this one, and just fell in love with it.

Next, I needed to do a contour drawing. This photo isn't good, it's really hard to see the lines, but I drew the basics of the photo. I didn't go into too much detail, because I wanted to play with the paints.

After that, I spent all day painting. I used both methods, wet and dry all across it. Again, this is a terrible photo. But, I'm really proud of this! It's not exactly like the picture, but to me that's okay. It doesn't need to be exactly the same.
(It was still taped to the board when I took the photo, that's what the blue around the edge is).
12x18 Watercolor Paper
"Sunset"

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--elphie.bird was my email. I just changed the name after I realized the comment was by my email, not my name. /fail
    Anyway!

    Rachel! I absolutely -love- this painting!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you awesome person. You're making my day with your comment! (as long as you keep it nice... no mean-ness here!) xoxo!